Frequently Asked Questions
Online Ordering FAQ
What if I need to cancel or delete an order?
What is online ordering?
ZPos provide Online Ordering Websites. We build cutting edge online ordering websites for the restaurant and takeaway industry. The idea of online ordering (for a takeaway website) is to add e-commerce interactivity for the customer. The idea is to allow a customer to use their internet-enabled device, such as a laptop or mobile phone, to order a takeaway for collection or delivery instead of the traditional phone call. By allowing a customer to order online, both you and the customer will benefit from the streamlined ordering process. They will be able to browse your food menu in their own time and have the ability to customise the food, then pay online.
The typical takeaway online ordering process would be as follows:
- Customer searches internet for something like "pizza takeaway in london", they would then find your online ordering website in the list of search results.
- The customer would look at your website and enter their postcode to ensure they are in your delivery area.
- The customers browses your menu online, this includes all your options and possible customisations and adds items to their order.
- After they have chosen their food, they would proceed to a checkout where they would enter their contact information and choose the method of payment.
- If they choose to pay by card for their online takeaway order then they would be taken to the bank's website to pay.
- The order would be then completed and your customer would receive a confirmation email. You would receive notification too (by your chosen means; email, SMS, fax, phone call or auto printed on a GPRS printer).
- You deliver the food (or allow customer to collect).
- You then have the customer's contact information for your future marketing efforts to gain loyal customers.
There are some other online ordering website providers for takeaways however most of them are very basic and underdeveloped; often made offshore in another country by amateur web developers. There is no other product/service like ours, this is why so many takeaway owners and resellers rely on us. We have many resellers in the UK whom use our system as their own and you wouldn't even know it! So well done to you for finding the source of the best online ordering websites for restaurant and takeaways.
What is the length of your contracts
Are you like Just-Eat, Hungry House, Takeaway.com etc.
Do I need a PC or broadband Internet?
How much does online ordering cost?
Can I edit my website to update prices or pictures?
Can you handle franchises & multiple branches?
Will my website be based on a template?
How long does it take to complete?
Will the website work on mobile phones/tablets?
Do you offer your services to my location?
Yes we do. We currently have 3 offices across the UK and we also have staff who can come to see you if you like. The great thing with websites and digital services is that all of it can be done over the internet and phone. We can discuss designs over the phone and email you samples, you can view your website whilst it is in development too. Our software is ready to serve the rest of the world too and we have proven this with providing our services to takeaways/restaurants in other countries.
Can you add online ordering to my existing website?
Why should I get an online ordering website?
Online ordering is the way forward for both you and the customer. We can help you save time and make a lot more money in a short space of time. Here are some other reasons why you should get an online ordering website for your takeaway:
- Your competitors will get one and customers will use them if you do not have one, which would mean you could lose your regular customers
- Gain new customers who are searching the internet for takeaways in their area
- Save money by not having to distribute printer paper leaflets
- Your staff have more time to make and deliver orders as they won't be wasting time on the phone
- Customers can browse your menu online and order easily
- Build your brand image
- Less to no mistakes when taking orders, there will be no language barriers or miscommunication as the order instructions will print in black and white
- Reduce costs from online ordering portals by encouraging customers to order from you instead, you do not want to be in a position where you rely on other companies to give you the customers as they can easily take them away if they want to promote another takeaway in your area
- Easily up sell products to your customers with items and options they may not even know about
- Capture customer data for future marketing or order/product analysis
- Quickly promote products that you need to get rid of quickly
What is EPoS?
EPoS is an acronym for Electronic Point Of Sale. If you are serious about your business then you need to have a good EPoS behind the scenes of your restaurant or takeaway. Without EPoS your business will be subjected to unreliable hand written orders and manual calculations. A decent EPoS will provide you with order and customer management with automatic cash-ups and sales reporting. The term EPoS (Also written as epos, EPos and Epos), refers to both hardware and software as one entity. You can buy EPoS software and EPoS hardware independently.
EPoS hardware will normally consist of:
- 15" or 17" touch screen monitor
- Desktop computer (or an integrated all in one pc)
- Receipt thermal printer (usually 80mm thermal, or 76mm dot matrix)
- CallerID unit
- Sometimes they will have a rear customer screen or pole mounts
In theory, if you have a piece of software installed on any device that can take orders, then you have an EPoS! For more information, please see our EPoS page.